So this year I've decided to do things a little differently and tune into my naturally optimistic side. Years ago when things got really tough at home, I could always conjure up and focus on at least one time where that particular date had been full of joy. Let's try a little of that philosophy again...
... so please welcome a new monthly series: I Love xxx For... and being entirely predictable and unoriginal, I'm starting with September ;)
|I'm loving this part of the garden at the moment - for some reason I'm |
finding myself drawn to dusky pink and dark red combinations this year
- Lots of family birthdays... and attendant celebrations
- Malvern Autumn Show at the end of the month. Or before that there's Harrogate Autumn Show for those of you a little further north
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day on the 19th - arrrr!
- A chance to indulge myself with Cyclamens
- Heritage Open Days to explore - like the unusual nursery we found at Poppleton last year or the Cleveland Pools in Bath
- Dahlias and asters in full flow. Their national collections are held in Cornwall and Worcestershire respectively
- A last chance to see all the Gromits in Bristol and beyond
- Damsons and Scrumptious apples
- Lots of new books published ready for me to explore
Why not add what you like about September in the Comments below? Alternatively you're welcome to expand further over at yours. I'll make this a regular post on the second day of the month - if you'd like to join me, you can devise your own list or just focus on one thing. You can respond in writing, with photo(s), or both, make a drawing, compose a poem, or do something else - it's entirely up to you :)