#mygardenrightnow for Chelsea Fringe

What you need to do to take part in #mygardenrightnow

Back by popular demand, the second #mygardenrightnow weekend is upon us! This time we're doing it as a Chelsea Fringe event because it's a cool project, worthy of inclusion in their wonderful activities. It's so cool we've even made The Guardian!

The principle is the same as before. All you need to do is take a photo of yourself in your garden sometime this weekend, then blog about it or post on your favourite social media (choose from Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram) on Saturday or Sunday and let me know when you've posted your effort.

Last time we had plenty of mud, puddles, leeks and crocuses. Who knows what we'll see this time? I hope there'll be lots of evidence of you enjoying your garden as this project is all about celebrating real gardens as used and loved by real gardeners.

I'll post my effort tomorrow, along with a Mr Linky to add your blog posts. I'll also patrol the #mygardenrightnow hashtag on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to promote what you're up to. Expect others to pop by as we all come to have a peep over the virtual garden fence!

Clematis 'Diamantina'
Clematis are going bonkers in my garden. Watch this space to see if they feature in #mygardenrightnow




Some FAQS from March to help everyone join in this time around...

Does it have to be just one photo for my post?

That's entirely up to you! I plumped for one photo so it's easy for as many people as possible to join in. If you want to do more, please do.

I'm away this weekend, but I still want to join in

We had a couple of people 'adopt' the garden where they were staying last time, and you're welcome to do the same.

I have both a garden and an allotment, which one should I photograph?

It's entirely up to you. I've linked my garden and allotment together previously by using my trug to represent what's going on at the allotment. If you want to take separate photos of you at both sites, then that's OK too.

I'm camera shy

It doesn't have to be a photo of all of you. Feet or hands are acceptable and are easy to do if you're taking the photo yourself (see above). Selfies are acceptable too, the more the merrier!

I don't have a garden

If you have just one houseplant, then you can take part. That's your garden.

My garden's not a showpiece

But you love it because it's yours, right? That's just the kind of garden I want to see in #mygardenrightnow - we're celebrating all gardens. Though if yours is all primped and ready for a NGS opening (real or otherwise), that's welcome too.

Can I use YouTube?

We had a debut YouTube video the last time round (embedded in a blog post, plus another included in a Facebook Note), so I don't see why not. You will need to let me know where it is if you choose to go down this route. If you don't link to it via your blog or other social media it's more difficult to find and promote your efforts.

Let me know in the comments if you have any further questions...

... otherwise see you tomorrow and Sunday for #mygardenrightnow!

Comments

  1. I so enjoyed the buzzy video. I have these in my garden but they have gone over already. I also enjoyed hearing the birds in the background. I wonder what kind of birds are singing? I am not only a gardener but an avid birder. Enjoy this meme immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mum and I watched a family of long tailed tits feeding their tiny fledglings today as we worked in the garden. We. agreed that it's the little things like this that makes us happy. Thanks for hosting the in-my-garden event. I'm not sure if I've successfully managed to join in or not. I've never used a linky before. See you at Chatsworth. Love karen- and Mum x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project