A Bloggers' Day at Great Dixter
Just a quick extra post to thank Naomi for getting us all together for a superb and inspirational day at Great Dixter yesterday. Here we all are during our tour of the garden and taking lots of notes as Deputy Head Gardener Siew Lee shows us around.
I'll be writing a more personal response about the day soon and I've lots of other snippets for Against the Odds, Breaking the Rules (and Friday Bench over at Sign of the Times) to feature over the coming weeks.
I'll be using this post to round-up the posts from the rest of the gang about the day as and when they appear. We had the privilege of being there when the garden was closed to the public, but you can go there from tomorrow :)
- First up is Jono - who's summed up many of my thoughts about Fergus Garrett's inspirational talk.
- Then Caro spills the beans on her Perfect Day :)
- And Gaz reveals which plants went home to the Alternative Eden as well as giving a guided tour.
- Veronica has a beautifully shot Part 1 - read it and you'll see why I'm saying that ;) then has lots of planting ideas in her Part II.
- Meanwhile, Helen tells us why Great Dixter is worth repeat garden visits.
- Anna B relates how much her visit has had a profound effect on the way she wants to garden going forward.
- Naomi tempts us back with fully floral scenes to contrast with those we saw on the day.
- As for me, I've had a pause for thought and found some gardening boots.
So there you have it. The same visit, yet lots of completely different perspectives on the day. However, I can relate to absolutely everything my fellow bloggers have said :)