Seen at The Festival of the Tree

...if you would be happy all your life, plant a garden - Chinese proverb

Friday, 17 January 2014

Puzzle Corner: A Gardener's Word Grid

Click on the picture to enlarge to a readable size and to print off for your own use :)

The bumper Radio Times cryptic crossword is a Christmas favourite here at VP Gardens, so perhaps it was no surprise my brain started devising some garden-related clues of its own. I then had a lot of fun trying to arrange them into some kind of grid, falling just short of the classic symmetry of a full-blown crossword.

I hope you enjoy completing this as much as I did devising it. I'll publish the solution next week.

A few days after putting this together, I learnt it's the crossword's centenary. This knowledge, combined with my endeavours meant I simply had to buy a copy of John Halpern's The Centenary of the Crossword. It's perfect reading for puzzle lovers :)

Further puzzles will appear on Veg Plotting from time to time. In the meantime, there's my Garden Finder Wordsearch and Garden Scramble to have a go at, if you missed them previously.

2 comments:

  1. Hi pianolearner! Brilliant - so glad you enjoyed. Thanks for letting me know :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

4/4/2014 - Anonymous comment spam came back with a vengeance today, so sadly I've had to halt this facility for a while for the sake of commenters who like to read what the genuine follow-up comments say.

If you're having problems leaving comments, you can contact me using the Contact Form at the foot of this page, or via vegplotting at gmail dot com, or @malvernmeet if a quick tweet is more convenient for you. That way I can get things sorted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...