Puzzle Corner: A Gardener's Word Grid

Click on the picture to enlarge to a readable size and to print off for your own use :)

The bumper Radio Times cryptic crossword is a Christmas favourite here at VP Gardens, so perhaps it was no surprise my brain started devising some garden-related clues of its own. I then had a lot of fun trying to arrange them into some kind of grid, falling just short of the classic symmetry of a full-blown crossword.

I hope you enjoy completing this as much as I did devising it. I'll publish the solution next week.

A few days after putting this together, I learnt it's the crossword's centenary. This knowledge, combined with my endeavours meant I simply had to buy a copy of John Halpern's The Centenary of the Crossword. It's perfect reading for puzzle lovers :)

Further puzzles will appear on Veg Plotting from time to time. In the meantime, there's my Garden Finder Wordsearch and Garden Scramble to have a go at, if you missed them previously.

Comments

  1. Yey! we got them. Great quiz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi pianolearner! Brilliant - so glad you enjoyed. Thanks for letting me know :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project