Things in Unusual Places #14: Trousers


My thanks to Juliet for sending me this picture from her holidays in Llandovery earlier this year. I love the sense of humour in this piece of public planting. I wonder who donated the trousers?

I passed through Llandovery in early February this year and it's earmarked for a longer visit. I thought it looked an interesting town, even though it was pouring with rain at the time. Now I need to go back and have a closer look at their public planting too.

It was lovely to hear from Juliet as she hasn't blogged for a while. She's been busy moving house and settling into a different part of the country. Here's hoping The Clockwork Dodo is back in action soon.

Comments

  1. Very interesting!
    Have a wonderful week-end!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention of my blog, VP - I do aim to start blogging again shortly! The trouble with moving is that there are so many urgent jobs to do, the things you actually want to do get left by the wayside.

    Llandovery is a nice little town, and I recommend the cakes from their bakers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real life is always more important than blogging Juliet, but it was lovely to hear from you and to know all is well :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. So do I! I'm lucky that Juliet and a few other people like Mark see stuff when they're out and about, think of me and then send me pictures to use on the blog :)

      Delete
    2. It's also great when I'm out with friends like you and Jane or my GNO crew and you nudge me when you see a bench or some noteworthy public planting :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Oh? I thought they were fun. Looking at the picture again I can see what you're getting at. I can imagine an episode of Dr Who where people are replaced by oodles of alien flowers...

      Delete
  5. Now that's an eye catcher. Glad to read that all is well with Juliet who I thought I'd not seen about for some time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project