Garden Bloggers' Muse Day: Life is...

Thorny Zanthoxylum piperitum
A thorny discovery at Chelsea Physic Garden last Saturday: Zanthoxylum piperitum
I don't usually think of plants as a metaphor for life, but when I searched for a quote to match a thorny discovery we made at Chelsea Physic Garden, I found one which reflects how life is currently chez VP Gardens.

My proven remedy for life's thorns is to ensure there are plenty of bright spots inserted along the path. A day spent with jolly garden bloggers and sprinkled with snowdrops was a perfect way to get it right :)

Garden Bloggers and Chelsea Physic Garden collage
Some general views of the garden & blogging pals. Main picture: Jack holds up Lou's sign (pictured bottom right)
Andrew and Sarah are middle right; and Nic is admiring the snowdrop theatre with Jack.

Sarah's post on Facebook nicely shows what else we got up to. Shopping and hedge bothering simply had to be done ;)


I *may* have succumbed to my first yellow snowdrop.

Garden Bloggers Fling folk from Toronto might like to show your approval of my choice of sweatshirt - it means you were also there in spirit.

* = I did!

Comments

  1. It was such a lovely day! I like the Voltaire quote very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased with the find too Sarah. Thanks for your pictures, they show what a fun day we had. See you soon!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to have missed this bloggers get together - it looks like you all had such a good time, plus Chelsea Physic Garden is STILL on my list of places to visit! Unbelievable as it would take such a short time to get there. Lovely to have bought a treat snowdrop to remind you of this happy day. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. would love to be back there. One day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I worked in environmental education, I regularly went to the garden for meetings. Heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project