Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain quotation re throwing off the bowlines and explore dream discover

I came across this quote recently when I was noodling around for yesterday's Muse Day, and decided that as it's Veg Plotting's 10th birthday, it's more appropriate for this post. It's a great reminder of what I've tried to do since that fateful day 10 years ago when I resigned from my job.

It was Scary. Unknown. Dark. ~ ~ ~ Explore. Dream. Discover. That's a much better attitude to have.

I'm amused the esteemed writer Mark Twain started one of his sentences with 'So'. Beware the wrath of certain people who comment on garden blogs, who'll say that's sloppy writing. I'll also add a frowned upon emoji for good measure because I'm in that kind of mood ;)

Colleen wrote a great piece earlier this week about gratitude. I love her posts; they're wonderfully observant, lyrical and comforting. She wrote about her gratitude journal, something I kept for a while many moons ago, which thanks to her I've opened again.

Today my entry reads:

  • The sky from my bedroom window (see photo)
  • A cheery unexpected message from a friend
  • Freedom
Thanks for all your support, comments and encouragement over the years, it's much appreciated.

What would you write in your gratitude journal today?

Comments

  1. Oh a fabulous quote to celebrate such an auspicious annniversary VP. Mr. Twain was a most wise man. It's been a pleasure visiting here over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. It's been a joy helping to launch other great blogs like yours as well :)

      Delete
  2. I'm grateful for a sunny day..clean, almost dry washing, a tidier house, a bike ride together in the sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rather gorgeous yesterday after the fog cleared!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Flighty - we've been commenting on each other's blogs for 10 years! xxx

      Delete
  4. I can hardly believe how long it has been since I first came across your blog, not quite ten years, but a pretty long time. I'm delighted that you were prompted to revisit your gratitude journal and get renewed pleasure from it. That sharing between bloggers, there's something to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we found each other via EmmaT! How I miss her bloggage. You're right - sharing between bloggers is something to be treasured, I'm rich in friendship as a result :)

      Delete
  5. Happy tenth blogaversary!
    Grateful for the past few days when we have been able to use our rain tanks as an alternate supply to the house (and reduce our demand on dam water to the city)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana. I must investigate getting a raintank for us too

      Delete
  6. Hello again VP and a belated HUGE CONGRATS on Veg Plotting's 10th birthday! I can imagine that first post is always a day to look back on with mixed emotions but your blogaversary shows how far you've come since. You have certainly explored, dreamed and discovered through your blog and beyond. You are inspiration to many bloggers, you have kept true to yourself and I've loved trying to keep up with your musings :-)

    Gratitude journal entries from today? I'm grateful for the 'cold' I have today not being a common complaint for me, being able to make myself a hot drink and for having 'met' bloggers like you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Shirley, thank you :) And huge congrats to you... because you've been going for slightly longer than me. I love your wildlife videos :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project