Seen at the Festival of the Tree

...if you would be happy all your life, plant a garden ~ Chinese proverb

Sunday, 1 April 2007

Booky Wooks

I don't have a mega publishing deal yet - contact me if you'd like to offer me one ;) In the meantime I've had the opportunity to do a little light publishing as follows...

I learnt a lot by about writing and the process of publishing with my contribution of a chapter to award-winning author Niki Jabbour's Ground Breaking Food Gardens

I produced a plan for producing year-round salads in the tiniest of spaces. You can read about how it all happened here.

I got quite emotional when I found the book on display in a tool shop in Toronto at the start of  2015's Garden Bloggers Fling. It was the first time I'd seen it in a shop, rather than my own copy.

My first foray into publishing was gathering up my posts about Chippenham into a Blurb book, called ABC of Chippenham.

Blurb is just one of the mind boggling number of self-publishing options available. This project was to satisfy my own curiosity about how self-publishing works and was an enjoyable exercise.

I wrote a blog post about it here.

In 2013 I was given the opportunity to convert a company blog I look after into a book. It celebrated their staff raising over a quarter of a million pounds for charity in just three years.

So Abseil to Zumba was born, which gives a flavour of the range of activities the staff undertook in order to raise their cash.

The book had a tiny print run, but unlike most book deals I was paid by hour to produce it.

And finally, I converted Veg Plotting into a Kindle book, just to find out the process involved. I don't expect anyone to buy it, when they can read everything here for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Help me to help you: If you're having problems leaving comments, contact me using the Contact Form at the foot of this page, or via vegplotting at gmail dot com, or @malvernmeet if a quick tweet is more convenient for you. That way I can get things sorted.

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Sorry - anonymous comments are disabled currently owing to continued problems with spammers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...