Seen at The Festival of the Tree

...if you would be happy all your life, plant a garden ~ Chinese proverb

Sunday, 14 June 2009

A Postcard From Norfolk



Hello, hello, good to be back...

A change of scenery and two weeks without a computer - absolute bliss. Of course it means I've got loads to tell you - gardens, bookshops, places, wildlife, public planting and an Art Deco marvel just to whet your appetite. However, I also have hundreds of photos to sort, a massive sack of post and e-mails to sift through, probably loads of weeds up at the allotment as we've had 30+ mm of rain whilst I was away and a photography competition deadline on Wednesday. Oh, and there's a little matter of cramming 5 weeks worth of song learning and rehearsals - including knowing all the words in several languages - into two weeks ready for Sing for Water on June 26th. Gulp. Then back in the world of blogging there's Blooms Day tomorrow, all your comments here - many thanks for them, you've been as delightfully thoughtful and thought provoking as ever - and I need to catch up with everything you've been up to as well.

So forgive this little taster of a postcard and I hope you like the photo of one of the vast fields of poppies I saw over in Norfolk - do click to enlarge the picture and drink it all in. It's good to see this wildflower's back in a big way too.

6 comments:

  1. Good to have you back anyway. And glad you had a good time. And glad to see wild poppies again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A change of scenery and two weeks without a computer - absolute bliss." I couldn't agree more--good for you for disconnecting! Love the field of poppies and looking forward to your updates, when you're ready. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to have you back. I missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back :) I briefly crossed the border into Norfolk last Thursday - heading towards Swaffham and also noticed poppies out in bloom. Look forward to hearing more about your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home! Can't wait to read your tales~~gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone - thanks for all your good wishes, it is lovely to be back albeit very hectic. I've just done my first run through of the choir's practice CD and discovered I need extra oxygen as there's a very tricky Georgian song in there. We'll draw a veil over the Take That song...

    Anna - we were close to Swaffham on Thursday too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

15/11/2014 - I've allowed Anonymous comments again as Google have recently added some extra security to prevent spam. Let's see how it goes...

If you're having problems leaving comments, you can contact me using the Contact Form at the foot of this page, or via vegplotting at gmail dot com, or @malvernmeet if a quick tweet is more convenient for you. That way I can get things sorted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...