Seen at The Festival of the Tree

...if you would be happy all your life, plant a garden ~ Chinese proverb

Monday, 12 October 2009

How Advertising Works in Chippenham #9


  1. Start a very successful farm shop and cafe business on the outskirts of Chippenham
  2. Ensure you have a wide range of organic goods with which to tempt your customers
  3. Constantly change your stock so that only the freshest of items are on display
  4. Wait for a blogger with a camera to notice you've not been quite so good at changing your signage
  5. Et voila!

I think the squirrels must have taken them, just like they have from the hazel trees at the side of the house ;)

9 comments:

  1. Given that some people are hazy at recognising exotic vegetables etc I hope they don't go away with two artichokes to make a hazelnut cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pesky squirrels, they must be hoarding them for the winter!

    I rather like the farm shop, although it's a little on the pricey side. I've been amazed and very pleased for them as their business seems to have gone from strength to strength. Actually I did use to try and do a full shop there every now and then and the price wasn't much different to Sainsbugs because I couldn't put all the ususal rubbish I would buy in a supermarket in my basket, so I ended up with a much healthier weeks shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to be in England......
    Thank you so much for your blog, I do enjoy it very, very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EG - you've got a point there - perhaps I need to go back and put up a warning!

    RO - we can walk there and last week quite a lot of their fruit and veg was cheaper than the supermarket. However, we blew our savings on tea and cake!

    Angie - that's very kind of you - I think you're my furthest away regular reader :)

    Joanne, Debbi and Anna - ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

15/11/2014 - I've allowed Anonymous comments again as Google have recently added some extra security to prevent spam. Let's see how it goes...

If you're having problems leaving comments, you can contact me using the Contact Form at the foot of this page, or via vegplotting at gmail dot com, or @malvernmeet if a quick tweet is more convenient for you. That way I can get things sorted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...