|A very warm welcome to VP Gardens to all garden bloggers & Chelsea Fringe goers.|
Hello and welcome to The Bloggers' Cut for the Chelsea Fringe 2013! The cake is ready, the coffee brewed and thank goodness the weather's brightened up for you to join me in my garden today :)
When I set up The Bloggers' Cut, I wanted my contribution to reflect a previous post or two from Veg Plotting. Rhubarb and ginger jam is one of my top posts of all time, so it's fitting I've baked a scrummy Rhubarb and Ginger Crumble Cake for today. I'm pleased this is a blogged recipe I found via Not Just Greenfingers - keeps it in the family so to speak.
|Fresh out of the oven...|
I've been very fortunate to meet up with a number of bloggers over the years and have some memorable cake moments in various gardens. Here are a few of my highlights:
- Taking shelter from the rain with Helen when we visited Hergest Croft. The cake was most welcome and we were still able to sit outside on the porch with a wonderful view over the garden.
- Lazy Trollop bakes exceedingly good cakes. So good, one photographed at Highgrove has become her avatar.
- Visiting Karen last year, with the added drama of an impending cake crisis for her NGS opening. Luckily the possibility of no cake was averted in time. Phew.
- Great Dixter not only gave us a wonderful day when we met up for a Bloggers' get together earlier this year, they also baked a delicious cake just for us!
- Garden visiting and cake can be a life changing event - as happened to Victoria last year.
Now without further ado it's time for me to cut the cake, offer it round you all and come visit your contributions for today. Thanks so much for joining me - let our garden and cake tour begin!
Add the full URL of your blogged contribution to Mr Linky below. It'd be great if you could also leave a comment telling us your favourite cake for gardening or garden visiting. I'd like to do a follow-up post after June 9th (the closing date for your contributions) revealing The Bloggers' Cut best cake for garden activities. Forget the RHS Chelsea People's Choice, this is THE vote which counts ;)
Thanks so much for joining in and helping to create a fantastic garden tour for the Chelsea Fringe!
And at Naomi's Cake Sunday event via Twitter (there's more - so these deserve a post of their own - now provided by Veronica via Mr Linky):
Amazing cakes. @chelseafringe #bloggerscut twitter.com/vpeerless/stat…
— Veronica Peerless (@vpeerless) June 2, 2013