Ready... Steady... Bake!

Showing off my Great Sport Relief Bake Off designer apron

I love it when work and blog fun collide. The company blog I look after always reports on their efforts for Sport Relief, both of the sporting kind and in the ever popular baking department.

It's great to join in with them this year in a small way by showing off my Orla Kiely designer Bake Yourself Proud apron courtesy of the nice people at Sport Relief. The Great Sport Relief Bake Off starts next Wednesday (January 27th 2016) on BBC1, where another of these aprons will be presented to each episode's winner.

It's also available in the shops* at £12.99, with at least £5.25 going to their fundraising. I'm going to donate the full cost of my apron to the cause, so it's win-win all round. I've also been inspired to restart my baking efforts by making this scrummy chocolate cake. I was given the dry ingredients last year, but family events prevented me from making it at the time.

* = HomeSense, TK Maxx or the Sport Relief website.

Comments

  1. How spooky VP - I think that we have the same kitchen units :) A most fine pinny and a great cause. I was watching the inspirational Jo Brand on television last night - she is setting off today to walk from Hull to Liverpool for Sports Relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw her set off this morning via Breakfast News, Anna. I was thinking I should do something similar myself. If she can do it, then I can :)

      Delete
  2. I used to bake quite a lot but found that it just encouraged us to eat too many cakes and pile on the weight. Now baking is just for treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Sue. I'm just getting over the flu, so I think a treat is just the ticket :)

      Delete
  3. Is this the cake that you didn't make for Karen and I last weekend:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy. I will console myself with a Maple & Pecan plait!!

      Delete
    2. TBH I think that might be even yummier!

      Delete
  4. Cake baking for charity, it is the best excuse and chocolate too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Win- win... and we get to see your nice smiley face - perfect image for the comic relief cause. I agree a fine looking pinny indeed. Funnily enough I've been baking recently too, its a bit more challenging now my youngest is coelic but that makes it all the better when you can't tell in the taste test. Baking for charity always goes down well. Have fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pinny and I'm sure your chocolate cake will be really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pauline - it's nice to be making a treat after an abstemious January so far :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project