GBMD: Painting the Modern Garden - Monet to Matisse

Monet's extraordinary lilies triptych reunited for display at the Royal Academy's wonderful exhibition

This is the finale from the Royal Academy's extraordinary exhibition - Painting the Modern Garden: Monet to Matisse.

It reunites the 3 canvases comprising Monet's lilies triptych from their separate museums in the USA, and displays them as Monet intended.

I have so much more to say on this exhibition, but the quote I saw when I entered the first gallery is well worth a solo view for today's Muse Day.

Here's the triptych again without the quotation, so you can drink it all in.

  Monet's lilies triptych reunited at the wonderful exhibition at the Royal Academy

Comments

  1. Wonderful quote and pictures. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flighty - easy to do when the exhibition is so wonderful :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Well worth going to if you get the chance Pauline, otherwise there's going to be a cinema release in April. I'll have more details on that in my next post about the exhibition at the weekend...

      Delete
  3. How I would have loved to see that in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can enjoy it vicariously via me! Another post to come, which will include details of the exhibition's cinema release. Hopefully you will be able to see that in Toronto :)

      Delete
  4. Wow , wish I could see those tree paintings. I have been in the garden of Monet and saw a reproduction of this painting. I really envy you. Groetjes,
    Hetty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hetty, I felt privileged to be there :)

      Delete
  5. Hi, thanks for sharing this, it is so beautiful. My dad and brother visited the exhibition the other day and I would love to go, seeing your picture has really inspired me to make the visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your visit Martine, it's a wonderful exhibition :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project