Seen at the Festival of the Tree

...if you would be happy all your life, plant a garden ~ Chinese proverb

Thursday, 4 February 2016

Puzzle Corner: Happy Families Solution


How did you get on matching the flowers, fruit and vegetables to their respective plant Families? I hope you had some fun whilst doing so.

The answers are:

  • Amaryllidaceae - snowdrop and onion
  • Apiaceae - Eryngium and parsnip
  • Asteraceae - dahlia and lettuce
  • Fabaceae - lupin and pea
  • Polygonaceae - Persicaria and rhubarb
  • Rosaceae - hawthorn and strawberry

Which pairing surprised you the most?

Well done if you spotted that by putting the pictures into alphabetical order, I'd given you three of the pairs already.

3 comments:

  1. Dahlia and lettuce! Unbelievable! Groetjes Hetty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the dahlia lettuce combo surprised me as well. Good fun, though. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hetty and Sheena - that's the combination that surprised me the most too, so I HAD to include it. I glad you enjoyed the puzzle - they're great fun to put together in the winter months :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Help me to help you: If you're having problems leaving comments, contact me using the Contact Form at the foot of this page, or via vegplotting at gmail dot com, or @malvernmeet if a quick tweet is more convenient for you. That way I can get things sorted.

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Sorry - anonymous comments are disabled currently owing to continued problems with spammers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...