Puzzle Corner: Happy Families Solution


How did you get on matching the flowers, fruit and vegetables to their respective plant Families? I hope you had some fun whilst doing so.

The answers are:

  • Amaryllidaceae - snowdrop and onion
  • Apiaceae - Eryngium and parsnip
  • Asteraceae - dahlia and lettuce
  • Fabaceae - lupin and pea
  • Polygonaceae - Persicaria and rhubarb
  • Rosaceae - hawthorn and strawberry

Which pairing surprised you the most?

Well done if you spotted that by putting the pictures into alphabetical order, I'd given you three of the pairs already.

Comments

  1. Dahlia and lettuce! Unbelievable! Groetjes Hetty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the dahlia lettuce combo surprised me as well. Good fun, though. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hetty and Sheena - that's the combination that surprised me the most too, so I HAD to include it. I glad you enjoyed the puzzle - they're great fun to put together in the winter months :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project