It's the same with my Open Garden. I've decided to keep it open for a while: the Just Giving website is valid until 9th February and some of you've asked to come and visit a few times more. I also have a couple of great prizes to auction a little later in the year - watch this space for more details. Thus begins a new chapter in my open garden's history - I'll be revamping it over the next few weeks to reflect its new status. I'm in the process of adding some new bits and pieces, such as the plant lists for each bed. I've also added another recipe - for courgette and brie soup, yum. I'll be adding links - I didn't put them in during the main fundraising phase as I wanted you to stay in the garden and not be tempted to wander away. That's not so important now (though donations are still welcome!), so I can put in a proper blogroll as a thank you to everyone who's participated.
And I too have a table groaning with prizes. Some have been awarded already, but I still have a substantial number here to hand out. So without further ado, here's the final list of awards. Big round of applause please:
- Signed copy of Jekka McVicar's Complete Book of Herbs - Juliet
- Signed copy of New Gardening - WH
- Signed Copy of 101 Bold & Beautiful Flowers - Happy Mouffetard (The Inelegant Gardener)
- Signed copy of 101 Plants for Problem Places by Martyn Cox - Helen (Patientgardener)
- In Tune with the Moon 2009 - Flighty (Flighty's Plot)
- Cottage Garden Society membership - Zoe (Garden Hopping)
- I'm in the Garden sign - Frances (Faire Garden)
- Garden cards - Sue (The Balcony Garden)
- Sunshine in a Bag wildflower seeds - Lidna
- Seeds saved from Threadspider's, Patientgardener's and my garden - everyone else who'd like some (including prize donors)
So unlike Speech Day, in this instance everyone is a winner! Hurrah! Well done and I'll be in touch regarding getting your prizes to you and finding out what you'd like in the case of the seed giveaway. Thanks so much for making my Open Garden such a success - donations stand at £861.50 at the moment. It's been such fun to do and I'm going to miss it a lot. I feel like I've had a very early Christmas this year - I guess I'm going to feel a bit flat for a while...