Seed Saving Saturday
Yesterday saw me whizzing round the garden picking up the last of the seedheads I want to save before the forecast winds and heavy rain lashed them into damp submission today. The less time it takes them to dry, the sooner I can send them out. These are the seeds I'm offering to my Open Garden donors. I'll be contacting everyone involved to ask what you'd like, but you may like to peruse the list below prior to my getting in touch. You'll see that some of the seeds have been kindly donated by Threadspider and Patient Gardener and I've tried to cater for both veggie and floral preferences. On Wednesday, my SUP friends will be joining me to help make the seed packets, so quite a few people will have been involved in putting it all together :)
There's still time to grab yourself a packet of seeds simply by visiting my Open Garden and leaving a small donation if you haven't done so already. You Grow Girl has lots of information on seed saving and decorative packet making if you're interested.
The list of seeds available are:
- Agapanthus 'Blue Peter' (see 1st picture)
- Allium christophii
- Althea rosea - mixed Hollyhocks (from Threadspider - see 2nd picture)
- Barlotto 'Lingua di fuoco' - firetongue bean
- Campanula persicifolia - mixed blue & white (from Threadspider)
- Carex elata 'Bowles Golden' (from Patient Gardener)
- Crocosmia 'Lucifer'
- Digitalis purpurea - foxglove (from Threadspider)
- Digitalis purpurea 'Alba' - white foxglove (from Patient Gardener)
- Eruca sativa - wild rocket
- Foeniculum vulgare dulce - green fennel
- Geranium 'Splish Splash'
- Mathiasella 'Green Dream' (from Patient Gardener)
- Nigella damascena - Love-in-a-Mist (from Threadspider)
- Primula japonica - mixed (from Patient Gardener)
- Sisyrinchium striatum (from Threadspider)
- Viola (from Threadspider - see 3rd picture)