Nice Pears


Comments

  1. They look lovely. Obviously deserve that first prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phillip, I'm most chuffed! Last year the badgers at the allotment ate my pears, so it feels especially good to have some to exhibit this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big hug and a pat on the back and a hearty handshake for the prize winning pair, oops, I meant pears. I did get a good chuckle from the title. See, the Americans are not always so serious. :-)
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Frances - I couldn't help myself with that title - I'm so glad it's also 'appreciated' across the pond ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Not a great lover of pears, but they do look good, well done. Gary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore pears. Just about the only fruit I do like, in fact. Excellent work!

    BTW, my OOTS is up. Is there a Mr. Linky?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on your first prize! I don't actually like pears, but I can still appreciate them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They say grow pears for you heirs so I've never bothered with pear trees. You have done really well! Val

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done! It was our show on Saturday. I didn't exhibit anything but was a steward. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, congratulations! I think you are the first person I know who has won first prize at a show. I am SO impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having just preserved ( froze, chutneyed, wine, jam, dried..) 70 lbs of pears I find it very hard to even look at a plate of the damn things..

    but yours are lovely....well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look edible unlike mine which have to be stewed to be edible.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so annoying!!! Where did my comment go? I came on the minute you posted it and rambled on about Delia Smith's pickled pears and it just disappeared. Honestly, I am disgusted with Blogger today. But well done! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well deserved - they look delicious too. A pear tree is on my autumn lottie shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi everyone - glad you liked my playing around with an old joke :)

    For the non-pear lovers I wonder if its because you've not experienced the juicy melting sweetness that a pear offers when it's just right? It's a difficult one to capture, but there's a good chance with this particular variety, Concorde. It's self-fertile and is a cross between Conference and Comice and has the flavour of Comice with the keeping qualities of Conference. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done! I love pears - and your comment above has just made my mouth water. Excuse me while I dribble on my keyboard...

    ReplyDelete
  17. HM - I think dribbling's totally justified :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project