Seen at The Festival of the Tree

...if you would be happy all your life, plant a garden ~ Chinese proverb

Friday, 24 July 2009

Some Local News For The Weekend


Regular readers know I have a certain fondness for my local paper - The Gazette & Herald - particularly when it's at its most local or eccentric. Imagine my delight to find the headline: Patrol cycles will fit the bill last week. Apparently the Chippenham Neighbourhood Policing team have been kitted out with push bikes to replace pounding the beat. They're police specification Smith & Wesson mountain bikes, which makes me wonder if they have any extra features.

I also realised I've been reading my local paper for over 20 years without spotting a classic editorial decision. Our two local MPs write weekly columns which are published either side of the Obituaries. That's the work of genius.

Have a great weekend everyone :)

Stop Press: I've a guest post over at The Garden Monkey's Book Flange. It's all about the unexpected booky treasures I found whilst in Norfolk :D

3 comments:

  1. The only newspaper I read is our local Bridport News (called Whip-Whop locally).

    Have a lovely weekend, we are forecast for a nice Saturday then more rain coming in!

    Best wishes Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the mention (s) on Esther's Boring Garden Blog is ok. (July 24th 2009). If not, I'll change (them).

    Esther

    Good word verification - tiotapto! (Except without the exclamation mark.) (I put that there.) (!) E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia - I love your paper's nickname! I hope the weather clears up for Monday, I'm coming down your way!

    Esther - I loved it and I hope you like the comments I've left on there ;)

    I'm looking forward to tiotapto-ing round your garden shortly...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

15/11/2014 - I've allowed Anonymous comments again as Google have recently added some extra security to prevent spam. Let's see how it goes...

If you're having problems leaving comments, you can contact me using the Contact Form at the foot of this page, or via vegplotting at gmail dot com, or @malvernmeet if a quick tweet is more convenient for you. That way I can get things sorted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...