This Year's Cyclamen Colour is...


...Red
Why? Because...
  • I love their colour
  • I love the contrast with the silvery leaves
  • I need to replace some rather fetching red I've had in a couple of my summer pots
  • They made the pink and the white ones on offer look wishy washy (and they were rather leggy too whereas these are sturdy and healthy)
  • I couldn't resist a whole tray of 18 for a mere tenner (one of my usual autumn bargains from Frank's Plants which means I can indulge myself)
  • Need I say more? ;)
What's your colour this year?

Comments

  1. A beautiful flower.

    My color for the year? Sage, born of necessity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious colour, and great price - I thought I was doing well getting 5 for £6! I went for white this year, last year it was brilliant lipstick-pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great deal! luscious color. i am leaning towards whatever neon-bright orange-y shade the mums have (must wait until this weekend to indulge).

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favourite flowers - especially the hardy ones. I've ended up with lots of pink in the garden this year, by accident not design. Planning is so not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan - sage is a good colour though.

    Janet - welcome! I was checking out the prices at Malvern on Saturday. I most definitely got a bargain!

    EG - it was mainly white for me earlier in the year. Looks like the fading light is goading me into choosing something more dramatic

    ReplyDelete

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project