January's a great time to dust off the seed tin and see what I already have before hitting the slew of catalogues which have flopped through the letterbox recently. As a result I've found I have more seed than I know what to do with.
Last year's Nasturtium seed giveaway went down very well, so I thought I'd do the same with this year's spares. I've weeded out all the packets which have gone out of date, so you'll get something which stands a good chance of working well for you this year. Here's what's available - any numbers in brackets mean I have more than one packet to spare:
Onion 'Rouge Long de Florence'
Like the look of something? Here's what to do next...
- Add a comment below, stating which seeds you'd like. This is so people after you get an idea of what's still left as this is on a first come, first served basis (though I'll also be updating this post as I go along)
- Please request no more than 5 packets, so plenty of people get a chance for some free seeds. If you request more, I'll send you the first 5 on your list. If I have more than 1 packet, then I'll just be sending one of them to you
- Email me on vegplotting at gmail dot com confirming what you'd like (and who you are if it differs from your online persona!) and the address for me to send the seeds to you. Sorry, no email with your address or if I can't match who you are with the comments means no seeds - I did a lot of tracking down last year to make sure people got their seeds and sadly I haven't got the time to do that this year
- I'll send you your seeds ASAP - don't worry about postage, I'd prefer it if you gave a donation to your favourite gardening charity instead
- The closing date is February 11th as I'll be taking along anything that's left to Bradford on Avon's Seedy Sunday on the 12th
- Sorry, this is only open to UK residents only, owing to higher postage costs and customs restrictions re sending seeds abroad
- Any questions? Just ask in the comments below :)
- Your comment below reserves your seeds
- Your email with your name (if I need to match who you are with your online persona), address and seeds requested means I'll send your seeds to you ASAP
- Anything not requested by email by midnight, 11th February goes to Seedy Sunday
Update 30th January: I've spotted that comments from those of you who've responded via my RSS or email subscriptions haven't gone up on the blog and went into in my spam email folder which I rarely go into. I don't have a record of your comments you left me in my blog spam folder either (which I keep a very close eye on), so your comment requests and any follow up emails were missed until this morning.
Therefore I won't be able to send you everything you've asked for as comments came through on the blog in the meantime for quite a few of the seeds. I'm sorry about that and I've also reported the problem to Blogger, so that hopefully things will get sorted in time for next year's giveaway.