New Year, New Blog

For the past few weeks there's been a new tab sitting alongside the one I have open for Veg Plotting when I'm typing away on my computer.

There's a tiny glimpse of it on the right of the picture. I can't show you any more as the blog belongs to a local company and I'm now looking after it for them on a part-time basis :)

The blog's focus is all about raising money for charities local to the company's various locations. It's something which fits in very well with my New Life's Resolutions which I outlined at the start of 2008, particularly those concerning Making a Difference and Finding My Passion. Last year the company raised over £70,00 for good causes and the blog is aimed at helping employees with their fundraising efforts and reporting on their many varied successes. I'm loving it!

It also means I need to make some changes as far as Veg Plotting is concerned this year as I'll have less time to blog, especially during the summer months when there are a number of major flagship events planned. I'm aiming to post 2-3 times a week instead of the 4+ I achieved last year, so there'll still be plenty of reasons to stay tuned, especially with The 52 Week Salad Challenge in full swing on Fridays.

I'm currently tweaking the Pages you'll find on the right hand sidebar as Blogger now allows up to 20 of these and I want to use them to highlight more of Veg Plotting's existing content which you might not be aware of. I've already set up ones called Free Resources and Tutorials and All About Chippenham. I'll be adding some more new pages during the coming weeks and I'll let you know when they're available. If there's something you'd particularly like to see, then let me know in the comments below.

Comments

  1. Sounds challenging.

    By the way, seems a moment to say how I think we ought to be inspired by the way you use the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Your Veg. Plotting Daily

    http://paper.li/malvernmeet/plotting

    I've just been looking at the http://paper.li/ site. I'm trying to work out . . . do you choose the precise articles in the 'Daily' or do you feed in the kind of things which interest you and it chooses the actual links?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esther - thank you :) Yes, it's a challenge, but one of the good kind and I'm enjoying it very much indeed.

    The paper.li application works using tweeted links. You have a number of different ways those links can be picked up and you can also combine them. You can use specific Twitterid(s) (such as your own), your Followers list, list(s) you've made, or #hashtag(s).

    For The Plotting Daily I'm using a combination of my Plotting list plus my tweetids.

    I have a few others which I've not made public (except via a link in My Other Blogs and Webby Stuff). When I set up my Salad Challenge page, there'll be a new one picking up links people have tweeted via the #saladchat hashtag.

    I wrote a blogpost explaining how it works if you want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and My Other Blogs and Webby Stuff is listed under Other Scribblings on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck with the new venture xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the new challenge, VP. I know how hard it is to keep up the blogging responsibilities when other (aka paying) work is on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful for you. I hope you manage better than I did when I tried to write for more than one blog. I suppose it helps if the focus of the blogs is sufficiently different so that you have plenty of inspiration for both. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have much to learn from you!

    Good luck with it all - sounds exciting. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you.

    Would be nice to re-pay you for the book reviews some time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delighted you're enjoying the new blog.
    Funny how good things work out - one leading to another. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your good wishes everyone - it's a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project