Seen at the Festival of the Tree

...if you would be happy all your life, plant a garden ~ Chinese proverb

Friday, 17 April 2015

A Poem for Salad

On Wednesday morning I was delighted to find I've been gifted my first ever poem.

Even better it's a) about one of my blogging obsessions - growing salad leaves, and b) April is National Poetry Month.

I tend to gnash my teeth a bit when the online marketing 'experts' go on about the Return on Investment (ROI) for social media. For me, this kind of random connection and a gift from a stranger is all the ROI I need.

I must admit I was a bit suspicious at first and responded with my own brand of Bad Poetry.


A delightful conversation ensued...


As a final thank you, here's the link to Mary Elizabeth's meinrhyme website :)

2 comments:

  1. Loved the article, I'm a big fan of all of the wonderful different salad leaves you can grow as well. Lots of mustards and sorrel here, as well as rocket and lettuce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sorrel CJ - mine's overwintered successfully, so that's one less thing to get sowing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Help me to help you: If you're having problems leaving comments, contact me using the Contact Form at the foot of this page, or via vegplotting at gmail dot com, or @malvernmeet if a quick tweet is more convenient for you. That way I can get things sorted.

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Sorry - anonymous comments are disabled currently owing to continued problems with spammers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...