A Poem for Salad

On Wednesday morning I was delighted to find I've been gifted my first ever poem.

Even better it's a) about one of my blogging obsessions - growing salad leaves, and b) April is National Poetry Month.

I tend to gnash my teeth a bit when the online marketing 'experts' go on about the Return on Investment (ROI) for social media. For me, this kind of random connection and a gift from a stranger is all the ROI I need.

I must admit I was a bit suspicious at first and responded with my own brand of Bad Poetry.


A delightful conversation ensued...


As a final thank you, here's the link to Mary Elizabeth's meinrhyme website :)

Comments

  1. Loved the article, I'm a big fan of all of the wonderful different salad leaves you can grow as well. Lots of mustards and sorrel here, as well as rocket and lettuce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sorrel CJ - mine's overwintered successfully, so that's one less thing to get sowing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project