Portland Inspiration: Lasting Impressions
If the embedded show doesn't work, try this link instead.
We've just booked our flights to this year's Garden Bloggers Fling in Toronto - it's less than 2 months away, squeeeee!
I've looked at last year's photos to help me through the wait and it's interesting to see what has stayed with me. The sheer number and variety of gardens we visited; the bold use of art and orange in the garden; huge pots; serious plantsmanship and good design, which still has room for lots of fun and quirky detail; cheeky hummingbirds (holds back the green-eyed monster); lush planting with varieties I can use in my garden. I could go on.
Instead, I've produced a slideshow of my lasting impressions, restricted to a couple of photos per garden plus a few extra scene setters. Naturally I found it difficult to keep to two, so I cheated and sneaked in a collage at the end. Even so I could have made some more, but then the show would be too long.
Sit back and enjoy.
You may also like:
- Preliminary Snippets - my first impressions of last year's Fling
- Portland Inspiration: Between the Paving - my look at foot level gardening
- Portland Inspiration: Raindrops on Rhone Street - my post about a special garden in the rain. Also contains a video!
- Portland Inspiration: Grren Roof - a future Wordless Wednesday post for April
- From Sign of the Times: A Friday Bench in the Portland Japanese Garden
- The Garden Bloggers Fling blog - Portland section. Contains links to everyone's posts about the gardens and nurseries we visited.