GBBD - April Flower Shower

In honour of my first Garden Bloggers Blooms Day, I wanted to give you something a bit special, so I've created a new Slideshow for my sidebar entitled 'April Flower Shower'. It shows you flowers from both my garden and my allotment, though I have to confess the cherry blossom's from round the corner, the pink magnolia is the view I have of my neighbour's new tree from our garden and the potty cats had me in fits of giggles at my local garden centre last week. I couldn't resist them and I hope you enjoy the show!

Whilst I was selecting the photographs, I noticed that my pear blossom had a rather nice visitor I hadn't seen when taking the shot. I love it when that kind of thing happens - so I thought I would show it you again to illustrate my GBBD post.

Comments

  1. Wonderful slide show, very enjoyable to just sit back and view, sipping the coffee. St. Patrick daff is one I highly admire. Why doesn't the US have allotments? Such a good idea.
    Frances at Faire Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was lovely ! I enlarged to see the bee.
    I hope you don't mind but I've tagged you. Come over and get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many lovely flowers in bloom already!
    I want a potty cat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the potty cats that do it for me! Just lovely Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments on Blotanical it is appreciated.
    One question for you as you are into your vegetables, do you plant shallots on the surface or do you sink them a little bit?

    Cheers Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed it so much I watched again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your slide show. I like your M. stellata better than your neighbor's pink Magnolia (don't tell them).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to your first garden bloggers bloom day. I enjoyed the slide show, lots of good blooms!

    Carol, May Dreams Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely, lovely slideshow.
    Regards
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frances - welcome and I'm glad it accompanyed your break. I thought allotments are called Victory Gardens in the US?

    Suburbia - thanks I've got it and the meme! Will post soon

    Rose - thanks. They're great fun aren't they?

    Threadspider - they were so gigglesome weren't they!

    Mark - hope you've picked up my answer over at your place

    Flighty - I watch it everytime I look at my site!

    Debbi - you have now!

    MMD - Shhh - I do too!

    Carol - welcome! Thanks for coming on over on what's such a busy day for you

    Karen - glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project