Seen at The Festival of the Tree

...if you would be happy all your life, plant a garden ~ Chinese proverb

Monday, 9 December 2013

Great British Garden Revival



The nation's gardeners await with anticipation. I hope it's worth it!

Starts tonight on BBC2 at 7.00pm - every weekday evening this week + week beginning 6th January 2014 for another week. Full episode synopsis here.

Thought for the day: Interesting to see a TV trailer also published on YouTube...

Update 10th December: Last night's programme looks like it's been well received - I'll be catching up today as I was at choir last night.

NB The schedule has been altered slightly with no progamme tonight or tomorrow and a subsequent extension into week beginning 13th January. The above link has been updated to reflect this, so is worth keeping an eye on for any future changes.

Update 2: It's been amazing to see Twitter light up with reactions to the programmes as they're happening. I particularly enjoyed James Wong's tweets last week which showed further inspirational examples of roof gardens. It got me thinking: as so much of these programmes has let real gardeners tell their stories (one of the programme's strengths in my view), it would be great to capture further examples from viewers - either existing ones or in response to the programme.

8 comments:

  1. Finally, a lengthy gardening program! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - I think tropical planting gets discussed in one of the episodes :) It's on record for me as I'll be at choir tonight.

      Delete
  2. It looks wonderful. A bit early for me at 7pm though, unless I let the children watch it too as a treat. After all, it's never to early to instil a love of gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to it, it shows promise, have to record a few of them though as I'll be out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Pauline - note there's a revised schedule too...

      Delete
  4. TV shows regularly release promos on YouTube here. What I find annoying is when they don't also release full episodes on YouTube of shows (such as this one) which I can't get here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose they want to sell the series to as many TV channels as possible, hence the lack of full programmes on YouTube.

      Delete

I love reading your comments and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

15/11/2014 - I've allowed Anonymous comments again as Google have recently added some extra security to prevent spam. Let's see how it goes...

If you're having problems leaving comments, you can contact me using the Contact Form at the foot of this page, or via vegplotting at gmail dot com, or @malvernmeet if a quick tweet is more convenient for you. That way I can get things sorted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...