Peace to you all is my wish for this holiday time. We're off visiting family up north, but I'll be back in time for the next ABC Wednesday, if not before. In the meantime, just like our magazines and papers, I thought I'd leave you with some holiday puzzles and conundrums just in case you get bored.
Firstly some conundrums:
- Why are What's Today's Date and How Long is a Week amongst Veg Plotting's most popular Search hits? And how come the searchers expected to find out the answer from my blog? ;)
- A great puzzle for our times - Why does all the washing end up inside the duvet cover when you come to take it out of the machine?
- Plants Are The Strangest People had a crossword on his blog a while ago. You might like to have a go, or use the link to compile your own. Here's the solution for later
- FreeRice has lots of educational puzzles and you earn rice for humanitarian aid simply by taking part. I've set it to the vocabulary one, but you can select a maths, geography, art or chemistry subject if you prefer
Perhaps this quiz is more up your street? In my case there's shurely shome mishtake? (Ed.).
|You Are a Seasonal Latte|
Your holiday personality is energetic.
The holidays give you a bit of a natural buzz, and you tend to get a lot done.
You are an expert on the holidays, and people often rely on you for support.
You know the best places to shop - and the best seasonal lattes to drink.
Or have a play with Dreamlines or Wordle. For Dreamlines enter your name, your Blog's title or whatever you fancy and see what pictures this site conjures up for you. Sometimes abstract, sometimes a familiar shape or impressionistic picture from your blog, it's totally fascinating. For Wordle see what your word clouds your blog's content gives you - similar to but much prettier and flexible than tag clouds!
It's also the season of goodwill so how about:
- Use your click button to raise money for breast cancer screening. Once you've taken the link and used your click button, you'll see there are plenty more options to raise money for good causes over there just by exercising your mouse finger a little bit more.
- Visiting Zoe's Christmas Greetings blog. A donation here helps a major cancer charity.
- OR visit my Open Garden blog. As well as a return to a summery garden plus a view of some of the changes to my garden during the seasons, I'm still accepting donations for WaterAid. Take a trip to my blog to find out more. If you've been before, I've got some fresh content in there for you too.