VP's Guide to 'Cataloguespeak' Part II
- Vigorous - will swamp all your other plants nearby
- Best eaten fresh - doesn't keep or cook well
- Crops heavily - you'll have much more than you'll know what to do with
- Unique flavour - tastes so bad you'll need to mix it with something to disguise the flavour such as chilli or ginger, or sweeten it with a whole bag of sugar
- Bright light in winter - you'll need to leave the light on all day, especially as we've also advised you to keep it on a north or east facing windowsill
- Fast growing - will engulf your house in just one season
- Ideal for cooking - it has no taste or is sour when eaten fresh. May also have a unique flavour
- Challenging - impossible to grow, so don't bother
- Uncommonly found - no-one's managed to keep it alive, probably because it's challenging
- Maintain a warm temperature year round - take out a mortgage on your heating bill now
Have you found any good examples of 'Cataloguespeak' lately?
The photo is courtesy and copyright of Threadspider because I'd forgotten my camera.