RSPB Garden Birdwatch and a Competition
This year’s RSPB Garden Birdwatch results were announced last week and makes interesting reading as usual.
Over 600,000 took part and the sparrow took the top spot for the eighth year in a row. Surprisingly the harsh winter hasn't seemed to have affected sightings of the smallest, most vulnerable birds as expected. Coal tit, goldcrest and long-tailed tit sightings were all up on the previous year and it's thought they bounced back over last year's summer with an above average breeding season. This is quite different to what I found (scroll down to the end to see my results) in my garden!
- The competition is open to UK readers only (sorry, but postage costs abroad will be too much for me!). However, it would be great if non-UK readers take part by leaving your top tips, so we get a good reference list together for later
- First prize comprises: a. 1 deluxe bird table
b. 2 tubs of bird seed
c. Bird nest box set
- There are 2 runners up prizes of bird box sets
- You enter by leaving a comment with your top tip for attracting birds to your garden or plot. 1 entry only per person
- If you are leaving a comment with no means of me contacting you via a link, you will also need to leave contact details e.g. your email address (with the @ and . in words, so you don't get the attentions of any spam bots e.g. vegplotting at gmail dot com) or TwitterId. Failure to do so will invalidate your entry
- The closing date is midnight BST on Sunday, 24th April
- Names of the winners will be drawn from my magic terracotta pot on April 25th (the day after the closing date) and the lucky winners will be notified immediately ;)
- Argos will deliver your prize, therefore you will need to be happy for me to pass on your contact details to them. I will do this for the prize winners only. Competition prizes will be delivered within 28 days of the competition closing and may vary from the prizes described.