Seen at The Festival of the Tree

...if you would be happy all your life, plant a garden ~ Chinese proverb

Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Dig In for the Big Lunch


You may have spotted this logo on your post lately and be wondering what it's all about. It's a fiendishly simple idea from the Eden Project (they don't just do a fabulous place to visit in Cornwall) where they're inviting us all to get together with our neighbours for lunch on July 19th to eat our homegrown produce. A great combination of community spirit and fresh food without the food miles. If you're also taking part in Gardeners' World's Dig In campaign, it could be a good way to combine the two - you could have some of your freebie tomatoes, lettuce and beetroot ready by then. I'm thinking it'll be a good idea to have a street barbecue with our neighbours - we haven't done one of those for quite a while.

I see I've had quite a few searches for the Dig In seed give away dates hit Veg Plotting lately - the above link will take you to the website with all the details. The Big Lunch website is well worth a visit too, irrespective of whether or not you'll be joining in on the day.

6 comments:

  1. This looks like a good idea! I'll give it a mention in one of my posts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I might have to join in! Love your narcissus photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica, Flighty and Elizabeth - glad you like the idea and Flighty, I look forward to hearing about it over at yours later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys,

    I read your blog and I think you might be interested in the following two links.

    The first is a link to the beautiful new Big Lunch ad on YouTube:

    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

    The second is a link to our Facebook group which has been set up to support the campaign:

    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=196094095044&ref=mf

    Please do click on the links and show your support!

    Thanks,
    Hatty

    The second is

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hatty - welcome and thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

15/11/2014 - I've allowed Anonymous comments again as Google have recently added some extra security to prevent spam. Let's see how it goes...

If you're having problems leaving comments, you can contact me using the Contact Form at the foot of this page, or via vegplotting at gmail dot com, or @malvernmeet if a quick tweet is more convenient for you. That way I can get things sorted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...