GBBD - June is Bustin' Out All Over!

Some of you may have noticed my June's Garden Bloggers Blooms Day slideshow entered this blog a little earlier than the 15th. That's because I'm on holiday at the moment and I've left you this post to pop up magically on Sunday with this lovely sunny bench for you to settle onto and enjoy the show.

Here the yellows of the spring have now truly given way to my summer scheme of mainly purple shot through with a little blue and pink. The alliums are in full flight now like fireworks in the border, particularly my A. schubertii and A. Christophii whilst the A. 'Globemaster' has tightly packed flower heads in my front garden. I also have a number of new Clematis to show you this month and I'm pleased to say that my garden obelisks 'planted' in the garden 3 years ago with 3 clematis left to clamber up each one are showing themselves this year just as they did in my mind's eye. On the allotment, most of the flowers are long gone, but the flowers of my first early potatoes have showed themselves for the first time this week. Not long until they're harvested!

Garden Bloggers' Blooms Day is hosted by Carol at May Dreams Garden, who may have extended her May into June owing to the cold spring she's had this year perhaps?

Comments

  1. I love the colour of the Clematis 'Ville de Lyon'& your clematis obelisk is beautiful. I feel a bit of spending coming on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bench looks very inviting! My hat is off to you if you are able to read all those books over your week away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Clematis obelisks - they look fantastic. Arabella is so beautiful, I think I'm going to have to find room for another Clematis. (As if 13 isn't enough.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HM - I don't balme you. It'll be well worth it though

    Rose - it's a great bench for the afternoon especially!

    MMD - I bought 3 obelisks so I could squeeze in another 9. I now have 30 clematis! And do buy Arabella, it's prolific and flowers from May until the first frosts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project