Daffodowndilly

Daffodowndillies aka daffodils on Cepen Park North Chippenham

Winter reminded me she's not quite dead when I stepped out this morning to photograph these daffodils. However, it's clear today that spring is beginning to win the battle of the seasons, with winter's snowdrops just beginning to look a little on the tired side and the daffodils definitely looking perky in the stiff breeze, even on a dull day like today.

I can't remember A.A. Milne's poem from childhood, but it must have been there somewhere as I often think of them as 'daffodowndillies' or 'dillies' instead of their real name. Perhaps mum read the poem to me when I crept onto her lap for a story, or maybe she gave me the name from her own childhood memories.

Here's to spring and daffodowndillies, wherever you are x


Comments

  1. Such a lovely sign of spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, Pauline and looking even perkier in today's sunshine!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's a new one for me Sue. I love finding new poems to go with the image I've selected.

      Delete
  3. Good to see a post from you pop up in my feed VP. Yes spring is definitely winning that battle although sometimes it's case of one step forward and two back. Enjoy your daffies and spring too when she finally arrives 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daffodowndillies! I haven’t heard that in a while! Daffy are such a welcome site amongst the greys and browns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed and now there's the blackthorn and other blossom, plus a suspicion of green on some of the trees :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Merry Christmas!

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project