Friday Bench: Badger

 

Badger bench at the Forest of Dean Sculpture park

It's been a while* since we visited the Forest of Dean Sculpture Trail and we had a marvellous afternoon there last weekend following the waymarked trail and finding out which ones** from last year's temporary exhibition are still there. The trail's website says these will be absorbed into the main trail, which brings the sculpture total up to 20.

It was great to find Michelle Cain's Animal Shelter is one of them and it's inspired me to return to one of my favourite regular blog features, Friday Bench. Previously seen on Sign of the Times, I've decided to retire that blog because I think Instagram is the appropriate platform for most of that content nowadays***. Friday Bench is the exception, so please welcome my seated discoveries to their new home 😊

* = um, decades

** = we found four out of the eight

*** = which has more of a VP out and about style about it

Comments

  1. How nice to visit this blog again too. I used to like FOD sculpture trail but felt it had become rather tired when I last was there. The bench posts remind me some pics I have of Dyl prone on one at Colby gardens - aged about six and then sixteen. Oh the difference!
    Meanwhile I just tested positive so no park benches for me for a while - ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tired when we we visited over 30 years ago, which explains not wanting to return in a hurry! I saw they had an extra trail laid on last summer, which led on to me finding out there's a lot more there now. It's well worth a visit.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Merry Christmas!

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project