Seen at The Festival of the Tree

...if you would be happy all your life, plant a garden ~ Chinese proverb

Friday, 8 February 2008

How Advertising Works in Bath



I grabbed this shot whilst on my way to meet up with SUP to see the Blue & White exhibition in Bath today. Both the wording and the guy on top of the waste bin amused me greatly. He was reading a book at the same time, so he was completely oblivious to the product!

The exhibition was fabulous and inspirational. It was like greeting old friends as a number of the exhibits were the originals of pieces seen in my craft books. I hope to return in a couple of weeks time as Kaffe Fassett is doing a book signing.

8 comments:

  1. I think I'd like to go and be a bit of a KF groupie too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is definitely a unique advertising method!lq

    ReplyDelete
  3. Threadspider - I'll definitely be there. Might be having a shopping trip with my friend Hilary too :)

    Kate - I think it's a new phenomenon in Bath. They're all up the main shopping street trying to get people off the main drag! I took several pictures, but this first one was the best in terms of content!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaffe Fassett - what fun - I love how he uses color
    Regards
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a great shot - I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen - yes KF's very inspirational isn't he?

    Max-e - thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really amusing photo. Well, advertising sucks, anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dragonstar - it's very silly isn't it? I can't understand how it works really...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

15/11/2014 - I've allowed Anonymous comments again as Google have recently added some extra security to prevent spam. Let's see how it goes...

If you're having problems leaving comments, you can contact me using the Contact Form at the foot of this page, or via vegplotting at gmail dot com, or @malvernmeet if a quick tweet is more convenient for you. That way I can get things sorted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...