Seen at The Festival of the Tree

...if you would be happy all your life, plant a garden ~ Chinese proverb

Sunday, 17 February 2008

A Recipe for Happiness



Saturdays are still special:

A leisurely breakfast with a cafetiere of coffee instead of the usual instant

A cold, crisp winter's day - brilliant sunshine and air like champagne

A walk into town with a multitude of birds singing at the tops of their voices

The Bucket Band playing feel good music - a fiddle, guitar and double bass with a folk/bluegrass twist. There's dancing in the streets

A forlorn author sits in contrast to his book in Waterstones. I'm the first person apart from friends to stop by. He cheers up visibly

I realise I don't need a recipe - I have one already, here and now :)

With thanks to Nigel Linacre, a local Chippenham author for the image from the cover of his book. He invited me to pick a recipe at random from the basket next to him. I chose Salad Bar - 'Decide on your favourite salad and start to gather the ingredients.'

6 comments:

  1. Saturday sounds like a lovely day - listening to good music and dancing in the streets. I like the book cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate & Aunt Debbi,

    It was a great day :) Even though they were only very simple things, they combined to make it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually work on Saturdays and have a day off during the work.
    It's good to see that you had a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Michelle-very atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flighty - I'm sure you'll have a great Saturday substitute, whichever day of the week it is :)

    Threadspider - thanks for the compliment :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

15/11/2014 - I've allowed Anonymous comments again as Google have recently added some extra security to prevent spam. Let's see how it goes...

If you're having problems leaving comments, you can contact me using the Contact Form at the foot of this page, or via vegplotting at gmail dot com, or @malvernmeet if a quick tweet is more convenient for you. That way I can get things sorted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...