Just How Long is a Week These Days?


On Breakfast News last Friday, Robert Winston managed to keep a straight face when he announced it's National Science Week for 10 days. I thought about blogging about it then, but as I've organised events to link in with this before, I was just pleased it was getting some national publicity for a change and chuckled to myself that even scientists seem to have problems with their maths.

However, I opened my local paper at the weekend to find our national tourist board has a similar problem with the space-time continuum. British Tourism Week started yesterday and continues until 18th March. Kennet District (west Wiltshire) has taken it a step further and extended their week out until March 22nd - nearly a fortnight by my calculations...

Comments

  1. It's my firm belief that the (rich) world has caught elephantiasis - especially when it comes to food portions. The icecream fillings in cones are bigger now than when I was a kid. Apparently even weeks can catch this syndrome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, VP, the "How-long-is-a-week" problem exists on this side of the pond too. ;-)

    Last year Arbour Week had more than 7 days. Hmmm. I think I'll check to see how long it is this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosengeranium - hello and too right, especially on the food front!

    Dirty knees - so how long is your 'week' this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, there's that well known saying ' A week is a long time in politics' ! I like rosegeranium's theory .

    On the subject of time you might be interested in Earth Hour coming up on 29th March :

    www.earthhour.org/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anna,

    That looks like a good link. Thanks I'll look into it. It's also World Water Day that day...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project