Seen at The Festival of the Tree

...if you would be happy all your life, plant a garden ~ Chinese proverb

Tuesday, 11 March 2008

Just How Long is a Week These Days?


On Breakfast News last Friday, Robert Winston managed to keep a straight face when he announced it's National Science Week for 10 days. I thought about blogging about it then, but as I've organised events to link in with this before, I was just pleased it was getting some national publicity for a change and chuckled to myself that even scientists seem to have problems with their maths.

However, I opened my local paper at the weekend to find our national tourist board has a similar problem with the space-time continuum. British Tourism Week started yesterday and continues until 18th March. Kennet District (west Wiltshire) has taken it a step further and extended their week out until March 22nd - nearly a fortnight by my calculations...

5 comments:

  1. It's my firm belief that the (rich) world has caught elephantiasis - especially when it comes to food portions. The icecream fillings in cones are bigger now than when I was a kid. Apparently even weeks can catch this syndrome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, VP, the "How-long-is-a-week" problem exists on this side of the pond too. ;-)

    Last year Arbour Week had more than 7 days. Hmmm. I think I'll check to see how long it is this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosengeranium - hello and too right, especially on the food front!

    Dirty knees - so how long is your 'week' this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, there's that well known saying ' A week is a long time in politics' ! I like rosegeranium's theory .

    On the subject of time you might be interested in Earth Hour coming up on 29th March :

    www.earthhour.org/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anna,

    That looks like a good link. Thanks I'll look into it. It's also World Water Day that day...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

15/11/2014 - I've allowed Anonymous comments again as Google have recently added some extra security to prevent spam. Let's see how it goes...

If you're having problems leaving comments, you can contact me using the Contact Form at the foot of this page, or via vegplotting at gmail dot com, or @malvernmeet if a quick tweet is more convenient for you. That way I can get things sorted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...