The Last (Awards) Bus

Before I went on holiday, I was handing on some of the many awards I've been privileged to receive lately. Well, just before I went, Prairie Rose also saw fit to award me the E for Excellent award as well as Violtje. I couldn't let you know about it at the time as I was using draft blogger to schedule some posts for whilst I was away and was struggling to amend scheduled posts without actually getting them published ahead of time. Therefore, I'm taking the opportunity now to thank Prairie Rose for her generosity. Now, the 'rules' state that I should pass this award onto 10 people just as I did the last time. Well, the first rule of blogging is there aren't really any rules, so I'm not going to name another 10 deserving people. I hope you aren't offended, but I think the spirit of the first 10 I awarded also applies here :)


Now, to a new award for me. Deborah of From Here to Eternity has very kindly given me the You Cheer Me Up award. This needs to be handed onto some deserving people - in this instance I've gone for those blogs that entertain me.

First up is The Garden Monkey - this is the blog I turn to for a good belly laugh, especially when it's a Dig Brother episode. He (why do I think GM is a he?) can also make me snort with derision at times, but as he says on his blog - that's monkeys for you.

Secondly, it has to be Esther in the Garden. I think her blog is unique (well I haven't found anything else quite like it yet) and like any good story, I find myself tuning in daily for her next 'chapter'. She also cheered me up immensely recently on a very wet day in Dorchester.

Thirdly, I'm giving this award to Frankie at Veg Plot, just for her profile picture alone. I smile every time I visit her blog and see it. Her regular posts are short, but her sense of humour shines through. I just wish I could say so much in so few words.

Lastly, I'm going to award this to R Pete Free of Typing on the Void. I love the regular glimpse into the world of gardening at a National Trust property and the quality of the writing is very good too.

Now awarded people - you have a choice and its entirely up to you. You can accept your award with grace, but not hand it on - don't post about it or display it either if you don't want to. It's your privilege and I won't be offended. Or you can do a similar post to mine - let me know if you need instructions on how to copy the award badge, please don't link to the one above as this might slow down the speed of my site. Or you can choose to hand the award on fully AND display your shiny new badge on your sidebar. If you want to do the latter, then you will need to do the following:

"If you are a recipient of the "You Cheer Me Up" Award, please find the blogs that cheer you up, copy the code to post on your sidebar and pass Ethel and Lucy (in the pic from the 'I Love Lucy' show) across the blogosphere. You can use what cheers you up in your post, or copy this one, but please send your award recipients back to the original post on A Nice Place In The Sun to get a copy of the award code, post the image and read the instructions. I want to try to maintain a page of original and ongoing award recipients, so feel free to let me know if you've received an award when you pick up the image code."

When I received my first award, I made the decision just to post about it but not to show it permanently. I was very tempted to make an exception in this case (I even toyed with the idea of having a separate 'trophy cabinet' blog, but haven't the time at the mo'), but I think it would be unfair on the other generous bloggers who've seen fit to reward me before not to treat them equally. I hope you don't mind Deborah - when I finally get round to altering my blog to have a second sidebar, you can rest assured that I'll not only be displaying my awards in their full glory, I'll also be giving you a permanent credit :)

Suburbia, Growing our Own and Simon - I've still got your memes to do and I haven't forgotten, but this post's long enough already. Soon, I promise.

Comments

  1. Thank-you VP. It's really nice to know people are out there reading (and hopefully enjoying) what I write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, you so deserve the "you Cheer Me Up" award - because your blog does just that. I enjoy who you have passed it on to - and agree with you comment about Frankie's profile picture.
    Regards
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you VP. To be told one's blog entertains and cheers is a very high acolade. (Or even an 'accolade'.) (Something like that.)

    The only thing I'm hoping is - that 'The Last Awards Bus' isn't going to 'The Restaurant At The End of The Universe'! (Not just yet, anyway!)

    Esther
    ESTHER IN THE GARDEN

    ReplyDelete
  4. RPF - you're welcome and well deserved

    Karen - thanks very much!

    Esther - you're welcome too. I'm a bit worried about 'The Restaurant at the End of the Universe' now though...

    Frankie - no problem and now everyone can see why I chose you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting the You Cheer Me Up Award and congratulations. I just posted a You Cheer Me Up Award blogroll.

    And I'm happy I could add Veg Plotting to it this evening. If you would like to post it on your sidebar please feel free to e-mail me for the code: annclemmmons@hotmail.com

    And again congrats~

    Cheers, Ann

    P.S. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project