Celebrating Regionality

I'm going to do a few themed posting projects this year. I've lived in quite a few places in the UK, so have encountered regional phrases, cooking, customs, jokes etc. I'd like to share with you from time to time. This builds on a couple of posts I did last year where I talked about some of my mum's favourite sayings and how my allotment rent is priced in lugs. Postings will be every couple of weeks or so, and I'd welcome any additions (UK or international - links and/or your own experiences, or anything else that takes your fancy - keep it clean please!) that you'd like to add. Everyone talks about how the internet is making everything more alike across the world, this is my small attempt to pull things the other way!

Comments

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project