Garlic's Through


The garlic cloves planted last month are now showing some nice fat shoots. I think they must have responded well to the several days of frost we had just before Christmas. I've now managed to source some Cristo (my favourite variety) from Walkers Bulbs. I'm particularly pleased about this as I've subsequently found out that the Thermidrome pictured here isn't a good keeper. The Cristo bulbs are due to arrive here in February, so will form my late winter planting out on the allotment.

Comments

  1. I really must get around to growing some garlic, I like it, although my other half loathes it! Your crop is going to be good. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got until February to have a go! Threadspider's crop is looking particularly good and she's using supermarket bought stuff...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project