C'mon make my day!


I do love playing these games! Here I am blogging away into the ether, and I get such a personal response. Judith in her Spinningyarns guise has tagged me this time and has made my day in the process.

The rules for this award are to“Give the award to up to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel so happy about blogland! Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so that they can pass it on. Beware! You may get the award several times! ”

So, the people I'd like to thank for making my recent endevours so rewarding are as follows - Lisa for being the first to let me play tag, Flighty for allowing me to lounge away on the lawn, Louise for her positive comments on the blog, Mike for such inspirational posts, Gardenpunks for her journey into sustainable living and Julia because she needs cheering up with all that snow and frost around. I'd also like to cite a couple of relative allotment/blogging newbies who've stopped by here recently. I know how nice it is to get an early response from the blogosphere - so let's hear it for Paul & Melanie and Garden Bootstrap!

Update: Sadly not everyone stays around in the blogosphere, or lets their blog stay even when they've gone. So I've had to remove their links. I hope they're well, wherever they are.

Comments

  1. Thank you VP! I like this kind of blog tag and I'm only to happy to accept this award.
    You're always welcome to lounge on the lawn, which being virtual is always green, soft and bathed in sunshine. The real one on the allotment is probably looking like a paddy field at the moment!
    I shall stop by the blogging newbies you mention in the next day or so.
    Take care and have a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you VP, it's much appreciated! Like you say it's nice to get response from 'out there' so to speak.
    We're still very much feeling our way around and in awe of other peoples skills, not just in the garden but behind the keyboard too.
    However, learning is all part of the plan and it's fun too, so here's to a great 2008! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michelle, I am so chuffed to have received this award again! I don't know whether I have said it before but I really like your blog, your posts are easy to read and interesting, and you take great photos too! I shall be taking a blog break soon, but I shall be back, so keep up with your posts. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the tag, I really appreciate it ^_^ I'm not exactly new to the blogosphere. Been blogging since 2003, but at the end decided to start anew and replaced my old generic (teenage angst and emo) blog with something more worthwhile. And I'm glad I did and am addicted to blog hopping once more, this time learning what other gardeners have to offer in advice and experience.

    I will be checking my feedreader everyday to look for your updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're all very welcome and I hope you all had a great weekend!

    Have a good blog break Louise - I'll be looking out for you when you return. Thanks for the feedback on readability - that's what I'm aiming for. I like to keep what I say relatively short and link to a site with much more information if people want to look at things in more depth.

    Paul & Melanie - I'm pretty new to this too, but love both the writing and comment aspects! Fingers crossed you get your plot soon...

    Sinta - glad you're going to keep reading this. I'll also look out for the transformation of your new looking patch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi VP,

    Thanks for the tag. I'm honored! Somehow you never made it into my Google Reader! (I've been treading water trying to keep up with all the great blogs I've found recently!) So I fixed that problem today!

    Thanks again,

    Katie at GardenPunks

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome Katie! I discovered Google Reader last week thanks to Threadspider - it's made keeping on top of all the great blogs I've found much easier

    ReplyDelete

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project