Out on the Streets: June 2009
Oh me, oh my - it seems like only 2 minutes ago we were in March and Out on the Streets!
But no, it's nearly June and time for another look at public planting in your neighbourhood and/or on your travels this year. It's entirely up to you to decide what to show us, it just needs to be in the public eye like the pictured bright planters (and a rather nice tree lined avenue behind don't you think?) I found in Cardiff recently. We had a wide variety of contributions in March which you might like to look at for inspiration, or here's some further ideas:
- Choose a site, perhaps the one closest to where you live and show us how it changes through the seasons. OR perhaps you have something to say about the way plants are used in the public area of an office or another building you visit frequently
- Write about a community project that's happening in your neighbourhood, maybe one you're involved in yourself
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - contrasting examples you see every day or you've noticed on your travels
- Choose an example near you and find out about the people responsible for designing, building or maintaining it
- Write about a particular issue or trend you'd like to explore which fits this meme e.g. Britain in Bloom (or another community project), vandalism (and how it can be minimised), vertical gardens, or something else...
- Anything else that takes your fancy - you may like to have a look at the post I wrote when I introduced my public planting series to see how I'm defining it for my own use this year: it may help you to focus in on a particular topic you'd like to write about
See you soon, Out on the Streets!