Deck the Halls II



Inspired by Saturday's wreath making at Nostell Priory, I've been gathering plenty of material today for the Stitched Up Posse's (SUP) visit on Sunday. They've been invited over for a Christmas decoration making session. They think it's going to be stuff like willow stars and reindeer. Little do they know what I've actually got in store for them - tee hee! Luckily for them I'll also be making an afternoon tea of mulled wine, crumpets, mince pies to keep them going.

Most of this little lot came from my friend Wendy in Lacock. There's a mix of willow, hazel, winter jasmine, rose hips and Euonymus all collected from her garden and hedgerows. The teasels came from the field next to Lackham College and are my alternative to pine cones as I haven't found any yet. Wendy's neighbour Barry told me they were there. I've got dogwood, ivy and conifer to come from my own garden.

Thanks very much guys and Merry Christmas!

Comments

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project