Feed the Birds



I've been a little tardy in putting out the bird feeders this year. This was partly due to the quiet late Autumn and prolific berries on the trees and shrubs close to the house. I usually have 6 feeders on the go, but have only put this one out today owing to the large increase in squirrels visiting the other feeders (yes, even the 'squirrel proof' ones!) last winter. This culminated in us having squirrels nesting in the loft a couple of times this year, so I've not wanted to encourage them back.

This feeder seems to be the only one in my current possession where the pesky critters haven't worked out how to get at the feed, so it'll have to do for now. I'm hoping Santa brings some more in time for the RSPB Garden Birdwatch at the end of January.

Comments

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project