Got Me!

Hurray, hurrah, harrooo - I'm jumping up and down with glee after being tagged by Lisa yesterday. I've seen this on other people's blogs and have wanted to play ever since, now I can!

Firstly the rules:
  1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  2. People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
  3. At the end of your blog, choose people to get tagged and list their names. Or don’t. Who’s going to check?

So without any further ado, here's my eight totally random factoids:

  1. I'd like to be able to play the saxophone
  2. I used to keep lists of new things I'd done/experienced in a year. This was to reassure myself I wasn't getting in a rut
  3. I've swum with a duck-billed platypus
  4. I collect stamps (First Day Covers), so I must have an anorak hidden in me somewhere. I've even written a piece about it for my blog, but don't want to bore you that much
  5. I want to see a volcano erupt
  6. My first memory is being wheeled in my pram, wearing a bright yellow knitted romper suit
  7. I had a holiday job as a student involving testing peas for their tenderness and breaking a 10 tonne block of ice into (relatively) smaller pieces with a pickaxe
  8. I met NAH at a swimming pool in Whitley Bay. I liked the cut of his gib (so to speak), he was impressed by my GB print Speedo swimming cossie. The rest is history...

Here's my tags:

Jess, because she's the one who inspired me to give blogging a go; Judith, because of all the coincidences conspiring to make us meet; Simon, for his thoughtful posting/comments and awesome shed; Bare Bones Gardener, for making me stop and think

Comments

  1. You've swum with a platypus?? I am SO envious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited to be tagged. Will do my list after work tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've now found out that the swimming pool in Whitley Bay is being knocked down and another one being built in its place. As a result NAH reckons we should split up and reform!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project