Deck the Halls

I've replaced my 'Bah Humbug' approach to life and I'm fully embracing the festive season. A trip to Nostell Priory on Saturday had an unexpected surprise - Yorkshire Wildlife Trust were holding a free Christmas wreath making session in the Orangery. I've always wanted to do this, but thought it would be too difficult. Noooo - it's easy peasy! I'm particularly pleased to have some yew amongst the more traditional holly and ivy as it's meant to ward off evil spirits. Do you think it'll do the same with those pesky carol singers?

Comments

  1. Hi VP. That's a nice wreath. These things mean so much more when you make them yourself. You posted some good links - I've visited the-tree before and love the folklore stories. You're right to embrace Christmas. Gardeners are closer to the seasons and I think it's natural for us to want to mark the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon,

    Thanks for the kind words. Glad you liked the links, I do try and find good ones to use!

    Hope you like the one I left on your excellent site re allotment coppicing. Good luck in the Shed of the Week Competition btw - I'll be posting a piece on mine here at some point...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project