Seen at The Festival of the Tree

...if you would be happy all your life, plant a garden ~ Chinese proverb

Tuesday, 11 December 2007

Playing with my Food



This has got to be one of my best web finds in ages - a combination of 2 of my favourite things, vegetables and music. Unlike the rest of us, the Vienna Vegetable Orchestra use their veg to make instruments such as celery bongoes, carrot flutes, pumpkin basses and leek violins. Do checkout their website, particularly the video of them shopping for, preparing and then performing on their freshly made instruments. I do hope they come and perform in the UK, in the meantime I'm off to try my hand at making a cucumberophone...

Thanks to the Vienna Vegetable Orchestra for the image used in this posting.

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous video!! I can't think how you found this but I'm glad you posted it. Thanks for visiting my blog-we are geographical neighbours-I'm in the same town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came over to find out what was in your rucksack...
    Thanks for popping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

4/4/2014 - Anonymous comment spam came back with a vengeance today, so sadly I've had to halt this facility for a while for the sake of commenters who like to read what the genuine follow-up comments say.

If you're having problems leaving comments, you can contact me using the Contact Form at the foot of this page, or via vegplotting at gmail dot com, or @malvernmeet if a quick tweet is more convenient for you. That way I can get things sorted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...