Playing with my Food



This has got to be one of my best web finds in ages - a combination of 2 of my favourite things, vegetables and music. Unlike the rest of us, the Vienna Vegetable Orchestra use their veg to make instruments such as celery bongoes, carrot flutes, pumpkin basses and leek violins. Do checkout their website, particularly the video of them shopping for, preparing and then performing on their freshly made instruments. I do hope they come and perform in the UK, in the meantime I'm off to try my hand at making a cucumberophone...

Thanks to the Vienna Vegetable Orchestra for the image used in this posting.

Comments

  1. What a fabulous video!! I can't think how you found this but I'm glad you posted it. Thanks for visiting my blog-we are geographical neighbours-I'm in the same town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came over to find out what was in your rucksack...
    Thanks for popping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project