ABC Wednesday - J is For...
A couple of weeks ago Karen at Artistsgarden wrote a great piece about the messy bits in her garden and challenged the rest of us to 'fess up on the situation chez nous. At the time I was feeling most superior having frantically tidied everything up so I could safely show you my garden without embarassing myself. However, old habits die hard and like the pile of 'useful things for later' on my allotment which I had to remove and rehome earlier in the year, a quick inspection last week shows that I'm beginning to accumulate things at home again. It took me less than five minutes to take the pictures in the above collage. Some of the pictures give you a sneaky extra look at some of last week's Impulse Buys too.
Here's what they are - clockwise from top left:
- 1 & 2 - pots from planting up winter planters and various seed labels
- 3. Old washing up bowl - why it's there is a complete mystery
- 4. Useful bits of pipe for adding drainage
- 5. You can never have enough old bricks and bits of paving!
- 6. My next door neighbour's most recent donation of pet bedding and grass clippings for composting/mulch up at the allotment - still to be taken up there a week later
- 7. Old bits of rotten wood taken off the front of the house when we had it repainted a couple of years ago
- 8. Bit of land drain 'acquired' when the estate open spaces were done up a couple of years ago. Some of it's been used to make carrot planters up at the allotment (tall enough so the carrot root fly don't get in) - this is earmarked for the same use, but I do find it useful to kneel on when doing stuff in the cold frame instead
- 9. Old compost bags and pot trays - to go back in the shed when I can get back in it
Remember - one person's idea of Junk is another's idea of something useful, especially if we do more reusing and recycling!
Do have a look at the ABC Wednesday blog for more jazzy stuff beginning with J.