Seen at The Festival of the Tree

...if you would be happy all your life, plant a garden ~ Chinese proverb

Sunday, 13 January 2008

Awash with rain


This is a picture of the river Avon in the centre of town today. The bits of tree you can see sticking out of the water are where the riverbank usually is. I was talking to a fellow photographer whilst taking this who told me he was sent home from work early for the first time in 10 years on Friday because of the inclement weather. I think this is the highest I've ever seen the river here in over 20 years and there's more to come.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been into town today but we left Chippenham for the weekend on Friday and struggled to get through floods in the whole district-took us 5 hours to get to North Devon instead of the usual 3-ish.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

15/11/2014 - I've allowed Anonymous comments again as Google have recently added some extra security to prevent spam. Let's see how it goes...

If you're having problems leaving comments, you can contact me using the Contact Form at the foot of this page, or via vegplotting at gmail dot com, or @malvernmeet if a quick tweet is more convenient for you. That way I can get things sorted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...