Seen at The Festival of the Tree

...if you would be happy all your life, plant a garden ~ Chinese proverb

Thursday, 24 January 2008

Snowdrop census - week 2


Back Garden - 137
Front Garden - 50
Side Garden - 142
Guerilla Garden - 116
GRAND TOTAL - 445
As promised, I've posted a picture of the double snowdrops in the back garden. Even in last Sunday's rain they looked beautiful. The Pulmonarias are beginning to bloom and I now have several crocuses in flower. Why is it the yellow ones always show first?

5 comments:

  1. They are so cure and happy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nessa - I hope they are, that way there'll be more of them next year!

    Hi Wildside - I've looked back in my garden diaries and they've been pretty consistent in when they appear in my garden. However, I believe the main month for snowdrops is February - that's when a lot of gardens do their special snowdrop walks and openings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your snowdrops. I have planted some of them around my property, but not nearly as many as you have. Here in New Jersey, I'm still a few weeks away from seeing my snow drops. Here's a picture of some of them:

    http://heirloomgardener.blogspot.com/2006/02/elwes-snowdrop.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heirloomgardener - I'm always glad to welcome a new commenter to the site! Will go and take a look at your snowdrops ASAP

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

15/11/2014 - I've allowed Anonymous comments again as Google have recently added some extra security to prevent spam. Let's see how it goes...

If you're having problems leaving comments, you can contact me using the Contact Form at the foot of this page, or via vegplotting at gmail dot com, or @malvernmeet if a quick tweet is more convenient for you. That way I can get things sorted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...